Career-Technical Education is Within Your Reach!
Toledo has many jobs in career tech fields. Community colleges are a great place to start or continue your career tech education. Community college offers a wide variety of career tech certificates and associate degrees.
Everyone can afford community college
Financial aid can often be used for career tech programs. Community colleges are great places to earn career tech certificates and associate degrees.
So fill out the Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) to see how much aid you can get toward community college! If you are Pell-eligible, community college is inexpensive and maybe even FREE!
The FAFSA Can Be Used for Many Community College Programs
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Applied Engineering
- CAD Technology
- Medical Billing and Support Certifications
- IT Professional Accreditation
- Dental Assistant Academies
- Broadcasting Professional Training Academies
- Diagnostic Imaging Certifications
- Barber Colleges
- Culinary School
- Trucking Academies
- Alternative Medicine/Massage Certifications
- Music Professional/Production Certifications
- Theology/Seminary Schools
Learn more about the FAFSA here.
What are Express Dual Admissions Programs
The University of Toledo, Bowling Green State University and Lourdes University offer express programs in partnership with community colleges. The student takes two years of classes at Owens Community College, Northwest State Community College, Terra State Community College or Penta Career Center before moving on to the University of Toledo, Bowling Green State University or Lourdes University for their bachelor’s degrees, which means a much lower cost for a four-year degree.
Owens Community College
Owens Community College offers more than 70 academic programs and certificates for preparing for a career, retraining, professional development or credits to transfer to a four-year college.
- Advanced manufacturing, nursing, business technology, criminal justice and emergency services are just a few of the many offerings
- Average class size of 14 students
- Robust campus life through student activities, clubs, organizations, express athletics and volunteer activities
- Scholarships through the Board of Trustees, through the college’s Foundation, and from outside contributors https://www.owens.edu/financial_aid/scholarships/
- Welding - 6 types
- Automotive Service
- Industrial Mechanic
- Nursing/Health Professionals
- Medical Assist.
- Dental Assist.
- Computer Programming/IT
- Network Admin.
Visit us to see why we believe Your Success Starts Here!
Northwest State Community College
- Located in Archbold, Ohio.
- Nearly 70 academic degree and certificate programs
- Full and half-tuition scholarships to qualified learners (Presidential & Honors Scholarships).
- The Northwest State Foundation awarded in excess of $800,000 in scholarships earlier this year to students, and expect to surpass that amount next spring.
- STEM/Industrial Technologies
- Electrical Maintenance
- Computer Technician
- Practical Nursing (PN)
Terra State Community College
Located in Fremont, Ohio, Terra State Community College offers
- More than 60 degrees and certificate programs
- Housing and athletics
- Financial aid to 85 percent of their students
- Construction Technology
- Utility Construction
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Scribe
- Recording Fundamentals
- Performance Fundamentals
Check Us Out!: http://www.terra.edu/apply_aid/how_to_apply/index.php